Frequently Asked Questions

I have just accepted a place on a 1st year course. What happens next?
A registration pack will be sent to all students in the first week in September which will outline details of the registration process. You will be required to attend in person on the day indicated on this letter. A registration timetable will be posted on the campus website sometime in August.

What happens on registration day?
You will be required to complete all documentation contained in your registration pack and submit it to staff on the day. Once this documentation has been submitted you will be formally registered and you will have your photo taken and be issued with a student ID card. You will receive a tour of the campus and be given a voucher for a free lunch.
Your Head of Department will brief you on the contents of the Course that you have chosen and will present you with a copy of your timetable. Members of the Students Union will brief you on what College life is all about.

What do I do if I am unavailable on the day I am supposed to register?
We will allow you to formally register on one of the other registration days. In the event of you not being available during registration week you should present yourself to the Registrar’s Office, room 120 as soon as you start your course. We will officially register you, take your photo and issue you with a student ID card.

I have just completed repeat exams but the results won’t be released before classes commence. What do I do?
As soon as you receive your repeat examination results and providing you have passed and are eligible to progress to the next year you should call to the Registrar’s Office, room 120, where you can collect your registration pack.

What do I do if I want to defer my place?
Full time students who have been offered a place through the CAO system and want to defer must not accept their offer. You must write immediately to the Admissions Office outlining your reasons for your request and mark the envelope ‘Deferred Entry’. Go the ‘Deferral Procedure’ section on the CAO for further information .

Do I have to pay fees?
If you have received a letter confirming your grant eligibility from the grant awarding authority (SUSI), you may be exempt from paying the student contribution charge of €3,000. In some cases SUSI may only award a percentage of the contribution charge making you liable to pay the balance.

If you are liable to pay tuition fees, the awarding body may or may not pay these fees on your behalf, so It is very important you check this with your relevant awarding body.

If I don’t qualify for a maintenance grant, what fees will I have to pay? 
If you do not qualify for a maintenance grant, you will be liable to pay the Student Contribution Charge. For academic year 2018/19 this is €3,000.The tuition element of your fees will probably be paid on your behalf, provided you are eligible under the ‘free fees scheme’ for Level 6, 7 and 8 programmes. For further information on fees go to www.studentfinance.ieSelect here to read more about Registration Fees.

Can I pay my fees in installments?
An installment option will be available. You must pay €650 prior to commencement of classes. Then 50% of total fees (less €650 paid prior to commenecement to classes) by the 31st October and the balance by 31st January 2019.

You can pay amounts off the balance as often as you like providing you pay the required amounts by these dates. If paying varied amounts you can do so in current fees by entering the amount. Pay Here

What are the consequences of not paying the fees due by the specified dates above
Failure to adhere to these arrangements may result in your services being withdrawn including college PCs, Moodle, Library facilities, examination results and restricted access to student services including clubs and societies.

I am repeating and attending classes for some or all modules. What fees will I have to pay?
If you are repeating and attending a full year of a programme, you are liable to pay full tuition fees and Student Contribution Charge for that programme. If you are repeating only some of a programme you will be liable to pay part of the tuition fees and Student Contribution Charge. In order to be considered to repeat a year you must complete a repeat tuition form which must be completed by you and then signed by the Head of Department. Fees will then be calculated by the Finance Office.

If I decide to leave my course, what should I do?
If you decide to leave your course you must complete a student withdrawal form. This form is available from the Registrar’s Office or alternatively you can download the form. This form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office along with your student ID card. Please be aware that if you withdraw after the 31st of October, there will be implications should you ever return to 3rd level education.

I have a medical card form/social welfare form that needs to be stamped. Where do I go?
Such forms can be stamped in your School Office once you have completed the registration process.

I have lost my student ID card. Where do I go to get a replacement?
Students can pay online for replacement ID cards (€20 per card) using credit, debit or laser cards. Select here to go to our online payments section.

  • Synergy Centre at ITT Dublin
  • QQI Brand Logo
  • Member of the Technological University for Dublin Alliance
©2019 Institute of Technology Tallaght • Built by Digital Crew