Workforce Development at ITT Dublin
IT Tallaght works closely with employers to design and deliver training that suits their needs. IT Tallaght provides workbased education and training programmes that build on the knowledge, skills and competencies of those currently in the workplace. The training approach adopted focuses on ‘fitness for purpose' courses and modules to:
- Enable access by supporting and accrediting the building of individual learning portfolios
- Identify individual training needs
- - Facilitate the identification of individual goals for upskilling
- - Facilitate the development of individual personal training plans to achieve goals identified
- Provide choice and flexibility in terms of content and teaching and learning opportunities tomeet identified needs. Allows a blend of modules across subject areas, for example, technical/ business
- Award recognised accreditation. The new National Framework of Qualifications gives IT Tallaght flexibility to build accredited qualifications in small steps by using individual module accreditation, and developing Minor, Supplemental or Special Purpose awards that accredit different-sized blocks of learning.
Flexible delivery options
IT Tallaght uses a flexible, blended learning approach to teaching and learning. Training can be delivered as in-company programmes, day or block release, and flexible, repeated delivery to allow for shift working.
Benefits from an employee’s perspective:
- Relevant training designed to meet personal needs
- Opportunities to upskill and get recognised accreditation
- Flexibility and choice to suit individual needs and work at his/her own pace
- Roadmap for personal lifelong learning journey
Benefits from an employer’s perspective:
- Training tailored to meet an employer’s particular needs
- Cost-effective training (in many cases funding is available from government initiatives)
- Employees who are better able to meet the demands of their daily work
- Employees who have the confidence to further develop their own lifelong learning
- A competitive and progressive workplace
IT Tallaght provides work based education and training programmes that build on the knowledge, skills and competencies of those currently in the workplace.
If you would like to discuss your training needs or require any further information please contact: 01 4042101