One CAO Code – 3 Programme streams
- Common First Year – move to your area of interest as you develop
- Common Computing Core of Critical Skills
- Software, Web, Database, Networking, Analysis.
- Work placement or Semester Abroad in all Programmes
- Major industry involved in Programme Design…IBM, SAP, Microsoft, Ergo
- Subjects, modules follow links below:
Computing with Software Development
- Latest Technologies, Methodologies & Frameworks
- Advanced Data Structures, Algorithms
- Mobile, Cloud, Web
- TA_KACOS_B - http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/course?id=331
Computing with IT Management
- Management of IT Reseources & Systems
- Systems Automation & Scripting
- Advanced Network & Cloud Architecture
- TA_KACTM_B - http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/course?id=334
Computing with Data Analytics
- Big Data Algorithms, Visualisation and Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Semantic Web
- TA_KACOD_B - http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/course?id=336
Ireland has developed as a significant global hub for ICT. With over 105,000 people employed in the Technology sector in Ireland and exports worth €72 billion per annum this is a thriving, exciting sector with a real global perspective. Many of the big names that have significant bases around Dublin are familiar to us names – Google, Microsoft, IBM, LinkedIn, but there is much more strength in depth to this sector in Ireland. Did you know that 9 of the top 10 global software companies, 10 of the top 10 global ICT companies, 4 of the top 5 IT Services companies and the top 10 born on the internet companies all have significant bases in Ireland. There are over 600 technology companies operating in Ireland - you may not be familiar with SAP, fourth largest software company in the world, but they employ over 1,000 people in Citywest, across innovation, research and development and technical consultancy.
Over recent years, the discipline areas of Information Technology, Computing and Computer Science have expanded in the scope and range of knowledge contained within them. The rise to prominence of big data, social media, mobile technology, information security not to mention new cloud based architectures and infrastructures for delivering information technology has meant that increased demand for Computing and IT graduates with a broader range of specialisations and skills sets.
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) has funded additional places on Honours University Level Degrees to meet the expected demand for graduates. IT Tallaght has been funded under this scheme and has responded to this broader demand by adding new specialisations to its well respected suite of Computing and IT Management programmes. Programme material has been updated to position graduates for existing and emerging roles. Following detailed consultation with leading industry partners such as
New course specialisations have been developed. You may now specialise in a wider range of fields than before with
- Computing with Data Analytics
- Computing with French/ German/ Spanish
now joining the existing
- Computing with Software Development
- Computing with IT Management.
The traditional strengths of IT Tallaght Computing programmes are maintained with confidence and competence built through real hands on experience with current technologies and current industry practice. The focus on the first couple of years is in acquiring the core computing skills and knowledge needed to be able to work in the industry. We recognise that many of us only realise which area we love the most through actually engaging in the area so students on any of the Computing/ IT Management programmes may switch specialisations at the end of year 1.
Entry through CAO – Apply to TA322
- Now 4 specialisations available
- Potential for 6 month placement in all programmes
- Year or semester aboard available to Computing with Language students
- Erasmus semester aboard available to all streams.
IT Tallaght Department of Computing – Industry connections.
- Final year project mentorship scheme with IBM
- Service Engineering internships with Microsoft Ireland
- University Alliance Internships placements with SAP Ireland
- Ergo Graduate Development Scheme.
- Wide range of internships in business/ industry and other organisations.