Higher Education Authority (HEA) Subsidy
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (FLITE)
- Higher Certificate in Engineering – Electronic Engineering (FLASHE)
- Higher Certificate in Science - Good Manufacturing Practice & Technology
HEA Subsidy: Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the HEA Subsidy you must either:
1. Hold EU nationality
2. Have refugee status in Ireland
3. Have humanitarian leave to remain in the state and have been a resident in an EU Member State for three of the five years prior to entry.
Evidence of meeting one of these criteria include:
• An Irish/EU passport
• An original Irish/EU birth certificate
• The original letter from the Department of Justice, Equality & Law Reform granting you Refugee Status in Ireland or Humanitarian leave to remain in the State.
If you do not qualify under the above, you may still be eligible under the following circumstances:
4. If you are under 23 on entry to the programme – you and your parents must have been permanently resident in an EU Member State for three of the five years prior to entry
5. If you are over 23 on entry to the programme – you must have been permanently resident in an EU Member State for three of the five years prior to entry.
Evidence of residency in an EU country for a minimum of three of the five years preceding entry can be demonstrated as follows:
• P21 tax certificates
• P60 certificates
• Social Welfare documentation (if you are under 23, this should relate to your parents).
Copies of these documents (relating to a minimum of three of the preceding 5 years) should be submitted with your application. If you have any queries, please contact the Part-time Student Information Desk.
Note: any student who does not meet the conditions A or B above will not be eligible for the HEA fee subsidy and will have to pay the full fee for the programme.
Government Initiatives provide support for individuals who want to upgrade their skills and work towards accredited qualifications for further information on these career development opportunities and programmes. Please follow this Link:
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they have completed the necessary paperwork to claim fee subsidy within the time frame allowed.