One of the major objectives of CPRD is to design and synthesise novel compounds with potential to act as pharmaceutical agents for evaluation for their anti-microbial & cancer chemotherapeutic properties. The vision of the CPRD is to -
- Create a critical mass of high quality interdisciplinary researchers;
- Undertake high quality research which is recognised both nationally and internationally.Particular focus will be on pharmaceutical research specifically drug development and disease control.This approach will serve to support and strengthen the research capacity of researchers in ITT;
- Actively collaborate internally within the Institute and with other Institutes within the sector [specifically the Facility for Optical Characterisation and Spectroscopy (FOCAS) and Centre for Research in Engineering Surface Technology (CREST) both based in Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT)], with universities [e.g. NUI-Maynooth and DCU which incorporates the National Centre for Sensor Research (NCSR), and National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology (NICB), Prof. Vickie McKee, Loughborough University, Dr. Declan Naughton, University of Brighton, UK) and hospitals (The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin incorporating the National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24);
- Develop highly skilled and motivated graduates and postgraduates to meet the future needs of the sector;
- Impact strongly upon the teaching activities of the Institute at undergraduate and postgraduate level.