Repeat Exam Form - May 2017
Repeat Examination Form for the Spring Semester examinations, please click here.
Repeat Examination Form for Award years only and to apply for the Honours for Award Classification, please click here
Application for Honours for Award Classification
It is the responsibility of the student to formally apply to avail of this policy. Late applications will not be accepted and retrospective application cannot be considered.
4.9 Application for Honours award classification (Approved by Academic Council)
The Honours, Merit and Distinction award classifications are normally granted when a student meets the requirements for award classification in one sitting (see Sections 4.1 to 4.6 inclusive, Marks & Standards). Thus students may not repeat modules to increase their GPA in order to achieve a higher award classification. However students may apply to have an honours (or merit or distinction) classification awarded under the following specific conditions:
1. Students must formally apply to the Institution to avail of this policy. Applications are made on the standard Repeat Examination Registration Form
2. Student must have achieved a GPA of ≥ 2.50 at sessional examinations (i.e. at first attempt)
3. The Project or Dissertation is a module that cannot be repeated to an achieve honours award
4. Modules must be normally repeated at the next available opportunity (unless a Deferral by the normal Deferral Mechanism is applied for and granted)
5. There is only one repeat attempt to achieve an honours award. (If a student fails a repeated module then the maximum award classification is PASS)
6. Only one “F” grade can be repeated up to a maximum of 10 credits
7. A minimum of a “C” grade must be achieved in the repeat attempt to be considered for an honours classification. If a “D” grade is achieved then the overall degree classification is PASS
8. Final Award Classification is based on initial GPA achieved at sessional (i.e. first attempt) examinations