President's Volunteer Programme (Maths)
The Institute ran the President’s Volunteer Programme (PVP) once again in 2015-2016 and it was a really successful year with a record number of tutors and pupils involved. Thanks to everyone for their great work!
This Programme involves ITT Tallaght students working with second level students from six local schools, to help support the development of their maths abilities.
This year we will again be running the PVP as it continues to go from strength to strength. The 2016-2017 PVP will be announced in due course during Semester 1.
What are the Benefits of the PVP?
The benefits to tutors involved are:
- Development of personal and professional skills - team working, organisation, time management, listening, interpersonal communication, facilitation, tutoring skills, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Increased confidence;
- Providing valuable experience and evidence to enhance your CV;
- Ability to consider what a teacher’s career might be like;
- Opportunity to gain accreditation for your activities;
The benefits to second level students involved are:
- Increased math skills;
- Introduction to college life;
- Chance to ask questions in a comfortable environment;
- Opportunity to see maths from a new perspective;
The Institute provides tutor training and Garda clearance for all ITT Tallaght student tutors taking part.
This is an opportunity to be an involved in a great experience and to give something back to the community.
For more information please contact email@example.com.