In addition to the supports available to all students, the Access Office provides a range of supports for students from under-represented groups.
Mature students Personal & Social Supports
can contact the Access Office for advice and information on any matter – no appointment necessary, just call in.
- Supports for Mature Students
- ITT Student Assistance Fund
- Centre for Learning & Teaching
- Link Schools Support
- SDCC Scholarship Fund
- Fahy Fitzpatrick Consulting Engineers 3rd Level Scholarship
Mature Students Society:
Membership of the Mature Students Society is a great way for students to get to know each other, and to help each other. Join up during Freshers’ Week! If you miss the joining-up period, contact the Access Office.
Access Officer – Colm Downes
Room 002 (left off main reception)
Link Schools Supports
Students who attended the following schools for the Leaving Cert can avail of supports from the Access Office.
- Caritas College
- Collinstown Park Community College
- Deansrath Community College
- James St CBS
- Mount Seskin Community College
- Killinarden Community School
- Our Lady of Mercy School
- St Aidan's Community School
- St John's College De La Salle
- St Kevin's Community College
The Access Office assists Link School students with academic and personal advice and supports.
South Dublin County Council and ITT Dublin Access Scholarships
The South Dublin County Council / ITT Dublin Access Scholarship is an award made every year to four first year ITT Dublin students, two from Tallaght and two from Clondalkin. The award is €2,500 to each student, to assist them during their first years in third level education. The award is also be made on successful progression to second year (maximum award is for two years).
(1) The student must be registered on the first year of a Level 6, 7, or 8 programme in ITT Dublin.
(2) The student must have attended one of the following schools for at least two years immediately prior to the Leaving Cert. exam:
- • Mount Seskin Community College
- • Killinarden Community School
- • St. Aidan’s Community School, Brookfield
- • Collinstown Park Community College
- • Deansrath Community College
- • St. Kevin’s Community College, Fonthill Rd.
The Scholarships will be awarded to the two students from each area (Tallaght and Clondalkin) who achieve the highest points in the Leaving Cert. examination in the year in question.
Application Forms are available from the Career Guidance Teachers in the relevant schools.