Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Accounting & Finance
TA_BACCT_B (1 year add on)
Type of Qualification:
Honours Bachelor Degree
Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays (6-10pm)
Monday 19 September 2016
About the Course
This four year programme aims to provide a comprehensive and detailed level of knowledge and skills in a range of business areas. Maximum exemptions from Professional Accountancy and Taxation bodies may be obtained by the graduates of this programme should they wish to pursue a professional qualification. The graduate will have:
- a strategic view of the finance function integrating strategy management, H.R and Industrial relations
- an in-depth appreciation of the regulatory environment
- advanced practical application skills in information systems
- specialised knowledge in advanced financial reporting , audit practice, business strategy and tax compliance and planning
NFQ Level 7 in Accounting or equivalent qualification. All applicants must have competence in spoken and written English.
Semester 7Advanced Taxation
Advanced Management Accounting 1
International Corporate Finance 1
Strategic Managment 1
Business and Professional Communications
Advanced International Financial Reporting & Audit Practice 1
Semester 8Tax Planning
Advanced International Financial Reporting & Audit Practice 2
Advanced Management Accounting 2
International Corporate Finance 2
Strategic Management 2
With an honours degree in Business Studies and Accounting from ITT Dublin, the graduate will be well equipped to choose from a number of career options. Potential employers range from professional accountancy practices, industry, financial services and the public service, nationally and internationally. Graduates pursuing accounting or taxation careers are granted substantial exemptions from the examinations of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland (CPA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants (IIPA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA)
- Irish Taxation Institute (ITI)
while at the same time gaining very valuable business experience. Some graduates choose to continue their studies to master’s level and find that their four years in the ITT Dublin has prepared them very well for their career ahead.
Note: Full information on the exemptions from professional examinations is available from the course leader.
Fees & Funding
€2500 (Inclusive of ITT Dublin registration fee and examination fees)
If completing individual modules/groups of modules, the individual module fee is €200 plus the ITT Dublin registration fee of €30 and an examination fee of €15 per module examination to a maximum of €70 per academic year.
How to Apply
Applications are made online
Information Desk, Department of Lifelong Learning.
Tel: 01 404-2101 / Email: email@example.com
Martin C Nolan, B.Comm, MA, FCA,
AITI, Head of Accountancy & Professional Studies.
Tel: 01 404-2880