Certificate in Bioprocessing and Cleanroom Management - Minor Award
Type of Qualification:
2 Evenings Per Week - Distance Learning of Some Material
Week commencing 19 September 2016
About the Course
The aim of this programme is to provide a nationally recognised qualification in Bioprocessing and Cleanroom Management; to provide the student with knowledge in fundemental and applied aspects in the following areas: Good Manufacturing Practice, Biology, Contamination control and Cleanroom Management and Bioprocessing.
This course is the ideal program operator, technicians, technologists, production team leaders, primarily in the bioprocessing and cleanroom areas.
- Comply with the regulations as required in the Biopharma and related industries.
- Interpret and understand the composition of various cell types including bacterial cells.
- Operate in cleanrooms using appropriate dress codes.
- Interperet and comply with quality specifications and understand the role of QC and QA in the regulated industries.
- Write simple Standard Operating Procedures and implement them.
- Use cells to express therapeutic proteins and evaluate their production requirements.
- Work in teams.
If under 23 years applicants must have a Grade D3 in a minimum of 5 subjects in the Leaving Certificate (this must include Maths and English or Irish) or a FETAC Level 5 or equivalent. Mature applicants over 23 years of age may be exempted from this requirement and are eligible to apply. All applicants must have competence in spoken and written English. Eligible candidates may be interviewed.
Exciting opportunities in Biopharma, Healthcare, Food, Diagnostic and Aseptic Processing Areas.
Fees & Funding
€2,000 (Inclusive of ITT Dublin registration fee and examination fee)
If completing individual modules/groups of modules, the individual module fee is €380 plus the ITT Dublin registration fee of €30 and an examination fee of €15 per module examination to a maximum of €70 per academic year.
How to Apply
Applications are made online
Dr. Adrienne Fleming
Tel: +353 1 404-2732