Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Management
TA_BMNGT_B (1 year add-on)
Type of Qualification:
Honours Bachelor Degree
Field of Study
Accounting and taxation,Finance, banking, insurance,Management and administration,Marketing and advertising
Type of Study:
Full Time,Part Time
Application Closing Date:
About the Course
The study of Management focuses on how organisations operate, what they do, their styles of management and their business strategies.
Managers in the contemporary business world require a broad range of skills in order to lead their businesses successfully. The broad spectrum of subject areas delivered to students in the Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management at ITT provides a comprehensive set of industry-focused skills which provide the ideal platform for students to progress into either industry or further education.
David Broderick, Senior Membership Development Executive, IBEC speaking to Management students about his career (April 2016).
Modules on the programme include business and strategic management, communications, finance, law, human resource management, digital business, economics, marketing, and accounting, to name just a select few. See below for full list of modules for each year of study.
This one year add on Honours Degree year offers:
A structured programme of study that offers you a broad management education while also enabling you to specialise in a subject are of special interest to you (Human Resources/ Strategic Management / Employment Law / Corporate Social Responsibility / Innovation / Corporate Finance /Marketing.
Language electives and international modules give an international focus to develop management skills in a cross-cultural and globalised context – crucial for business success in Ireland as a small open economy
Industry-focused assessment projects, industry guest lectures, off site company visits and Alumni events provide the perfect opportunity for our Management students to apply and hone the skills and knowledge gained in classroom
A focus on contemporary areas such as digital business and social media ensure relevant skills are required to succeed in modern business
The development of personal skills such as teamwork, time management, and presentation skills ensure the course offers much more than its core content, and are vital skills for every future business manager.
The Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management in ITT enables Graduates to either progress straight into industry, or into more specialised areas through postgraduate study or research.
Our BBS (Hons) Management graduates:
1. work across a wide range of industry sectors in leading organisations such as: Google, Citibank, Coca Cola, The Quelly Group, The Bewleys Group, Nandos, IBEC, Bank of Ireland.
2. have successfully set up and manage their own businesses in a variety of different sectors
3. work in a broad spectrum of roles / careers including: Management/Administration, Finance/Investment/Banking, Retail, Sales, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Tourism, Strategy/Research, Supply Chain Management.
4. have progressed on to qualify as secondary school teachers - A Level 8 Bachelor of Business in Management degree entitles you to apply for a place on the Professional Master of Education (PME) which is a two year Secondary Teacher Education qualification offered by all NUI’s, Trinity College, DCU, University of Limerick and Hibernia College.
5. Graduates who have attained the required honours standard are eligible for postgraduate study in all third level institutions in Ireland and abroad. Popular Masters and postgraduate choices of ITT BBS (Hons) Management graduates are: Strategic Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Social Media, Civic engagement, Management for the Not for Profit Sector, Health Sector Management.
How To Apply
- For students wishing to join years 2/3/4 you can apply via the advanced entry link
Contact Course Leader:
Business Studies (BBSXX), Business Studies Adm (BBSAX), Information Processing (BIPXX), Marketing (BMXXX), Retail Studies (BRSXX), International Trade (BBSIT)
Semester 7Strategic Managment 1
Corporate Social Respons
Tourism Management 1
Employee Relations Practice
Semester 8Management Practice
Supply Chain Management
Corporate Finance & Governance
Strategic Management 2
Org Development & Change
Tourism Management 2
Management Science 2