Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Management
Type of Qualification:
Honours Bachelor Degree
Field of Study
Accounting and taxation,Combined Arts,Economics,Finance, banking, insurance,General Programmes,Management and administration,Marketing and advertising,Travel, tourism and leisure
Type of Study:
Application Closing Date:
About the Course
The study of Management focuses on how organisations operate, what they do, their styles of management and their business strategies.
Managers in the contemporary business world require a broad range of skills in order to lead their businesses successfully. The broad spectrum of subject areas delivered to students in the Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management at ITT provides a comprehensive set of industry-focused skills which provide the ideal platform for students to progress into either industry or further education.
Modules on the programme include business and strategic management, communications, finance, law, human resource management, digital business, economics, marketing, and accounting, to name just a select few. See below for full list of modules for each year of study.
The Four Year Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management in ITT offers:
A structured programme of study that offers you a broad management education while also enabling you to specialise in a subject are of special interest to you (Human Resources/ Strategic Management / Employment Law / Corporate Social Responsibility / Innovation / Corporate Finance /Marketing.
Language electives and international modules give an international focus to develop management skills in a cross-cultural and globalised context – crucial for business success in Ireland as a small open economy
The chance to travel on Erasmus (Year Three) and study abroad provides an opportunity to experience part of the course immersed in a different culture. See http://www.it-tallaght.ie/erasmus-students for more detail on ERASMUS opportunities.
David Broderick, Senior Membership Development Executive, IBEC speaking to Management students about his career (April 2016).
Smaller class sizes coupled with a vibrant team of approachable and engaging lecturers that posess expert and practical industry experience, provides a more personal and engaging classroom dynamic between students and lecturers
The industry-focused assessment projects, industry guest lectures, off site company visits and Alumni events provide the perfect opportunity for our Management students to apply and hone the skills and knowledge gained in classroom
Focusing on contemporary areas such as digital business and social media ensure relevant skills are required to succeed in modern business
The development of personal skills such as teamwork, time management, and presentation skills ensure the course offers much more than its core content, and are vital skills for every future business manager
What do I Need?
Leaving Certificate with a minimum of Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and a minimum of Grade D3 (Ordinary Level) in 4 other subjects in the leaving Certificate Examination, which must include Mathematics and English or Irish.
Recent minimum CAO points: 225
Mature applicants (23 years of age) are very welcome to apply for the Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management in ITT. Different entry requirements may apply.
The Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Management in ITT enables Graduates to either progress straight into industry, or into more specialised areas through postgraduate study or research.
Our BBS (Hons) Management graduates:
- work across a wide range of industry sectors in leading organisations such as: Google, Citibank, Coca Cola, The Quelly Group, The Bewleys Group, Nandos, IBEC, Bank of Ireland.
- have successfully set up and manage their own businesses in a variety of different sectors
- work in a broad spectrum of roles / careers including: Management/Administration, Finance/Investment/Banking, Retail, Sales, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Tourism, Strategy/Research, Supply Chain Management.
- have progressed on to qualify as secondary school teachers - A Level 8 Bachelor of Business in Management degree entitles you to apply for a place on the Professional Master of Education (PME) which is a two year Secondary Teacher Education qualification offered by all NUI’s, Trinity College, DCU, University of Limerick and Hibernia College.
- Graduates who have attained the required honours standard are eligible for postgraduate study in all third level institutions in Ireland and abroad. Popular Masters and postgraduate choices of ITT BBS (Hons) Management graduates are: Strategic Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Social Media, Civic engagement, Management for the Not for Profit Sector, Health Sector Management.
How To Apply
- For all first year students you can apply through the CAO
- For students wishing to join years 2/3/4 you can apply via the advanced entry link
Contact course leader:
Business Studies (BBSXX), Business Studies Adm (BBSAX), Information Processing (BIPXX), Marketing (BMXXX), Retail Studies (BRSXX), International Trade (BBSIT)
Semester 1Financial Accounting 1
Learning to Learn at Third Level
Business Management 1
Business Mathematics 1
Fundamentals of Information Systems
Semester 2Financial Accounting 2
Business Management 2
Business Mathematics 2
Business Information Systems
Semester 3Management Accounting 1
Management & Org Behaviour 1
ES and Business Processes
Semester 4Management Accounting 2
Management & Org Behaviour 2
Principles of Law
Business Processes and IS
Chinese Business and Culture
Semester 5Sales Management
Human Resource Management
Financial Management 1
Tourism Studies 1
Semester 6Financial Management 2
Company and Partnership Law
Operations & Quality Mngt
Employee Relations Framework
Tourism Studies 2
Semester 7Strategic Managment 1
Corporate Social Respons
Employee Relations Practice
Tourism Management 1
Semester 8Strategic Management 2
Corporate Finance & Governance
Supply Chain Management
Management Science 2
Org Development & Change
Tourism Management 2