Pre Start Maths
If you would like to register for a part-time programme then you have the option of completing the ITT Dublin Pre Start Maths Course. The aim of this programme is to allow a thorough revision and consolidation of key basic mathematical topics. On completion of the course you will be given a competency test based on what you have learned.
You should consider completing the ITT Dublin Pre Start Maths Course IF
- You do not meet the mathematics requirements for the course of your choice.
- You are considering completing an Engineering or Science course which involves advanced mathematics. For Example: FESCAP (Ab-Initio Ordinary degree in Mechanical Engineering) in ACCS mode
- You are a mature applicant who has applied to ITT Dublin for an engineering, science or computing course and you would like to do some preparatory work on your mathematics prior to starting your course in September 2012.
- Arithmetic: Arithmetic of real numbers, indices, fractions, scientific form.
- Algebraic expressions and formulae: Precedence rules. Manipulation of algebraic expressions. Manipulation of algebraic fractions. Factorisation of quadratic expressions. Recognition of the graphs of simple quadratic forms.
- Algebraic equations: Solution of linear and quadratic equations.
- Co-ordinate geometry: Cartesian co-ordinates. Equation of a straight line. Plotting simple linear laws, y-intercept and slope.
- Trigonometry: Right-angled triangles. Sin, cos and tan. Pythagoras’ theorem. Solution of right-angled triangles. Introduction to sine and cosine rules.
- Complex numbers: Definition of a complex number. Argand diagram representation. Algebra of complex numbers.
COURSE DATES AND TIMES
Thursday 22nd August 2013 from 18.30 – 21.30.
One evening a week for 3 weeks
Ten hours online each week