- How do I access my exam results?
- How do I get my log in details?
- I got the message 'PIN number has been disabled' what should I do?
- I did not get a PIN, what should I do?
- I am getting the following message when I log in “Your grades are not available due to holds on your record”. What should I do?
- I have not received one or more of my grades, what should I do?
- How do I find contact details for my lecturer or Department Office?
- What does ‘exemptions granted’ mean on the overall result?
- What do I, NP, X, DE or WH mean?
- Do I need to repeat a D grade?
- I would like to get my results rechecked/reviewed. How do I request that?
- Where can I see a breakdown of marks for my grades?
- When will I get an official copy of my results?
Results are available online at www.it-tallaght.ie/examresults
To log in to view your results you will need your student number and a PIN number. The PIN will be emailed and text to you prior to the release of results.
If you have entered the PIN incorrectly more than 5 times, you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office. You can do this by filling out our Exam Results Query Form https://www.it-tallaght.ie/examresultsqueryform or calling 01 4042007.
You can request a new PIN using the PIN request on the log in screen. Click 'Forgot PIN'
I am getting the following message when I log in “Your grades are not available due to holds on your record”. What should I do?
Common reasons for this message:
- Students with fees outstanding to IT Tallaght will get this message. If you have outstanding fees you will not have access to your results until your fees are paid in full. Payments can be made online at www.payittdublin.ie
- If there is an enquiry happening/on-going on a possible breach of our Institute Regulations (http://www.it-tallaght.ie/contentfiles/pdf/Institute_Regulations_Handbook_2008.pdf) results will be withheld pending the outcome of the enquiry and results will not be released until the outcome of the enquiry is determined.
- Otherwise, you should contact the Registrar s Office by using the Exam Results Query Form https://www.it-tallaght.ie/examresultsqueryform or calling 01 4042007.
If you are missing a grade for any module, you should contact your lecturer or Department Office http://www.it-tallaght.ie/staffsearch
You can consult the IT Tallaght staff directory for contact details - http://www.it-tallaght.ie/staffsearch
You are exempt from sitting any module that you have achieved a C grade or higher in, however, you have not passed all modules and you may need to re-sit some exams.
(I)= A deferral has been granted for this module
(NP) = Not present for written examination. (In 100% continuously assessed module a NP would indicate that no material was submitted by the student)
(X) = An exemption has been granted for this module
(DE) = Deferrals have been granted for some or all modules
(WH) = Your results have been withheld - you should contact your Department or School Office.
You can repeat a D grade if you have other F grades or if your GPA is below 2.0.
A ‘D’ grade is a compensate fail. You must achieve a GPA of 2.0 and 60 credits overall to pass each year of your programme.
If you do not achieve a GPA of 2.0, then you must repeat D grades to bring the overall result up to the minimum 2.0 pass mark.
All F grades must be repeated to achieve the full 60 credits.
You can pass the year with some D grades if your other results bring your GPA above 2.0.
Please use our GPA calculator to work out if you need to repeat any D grades. http://www.it-tallaght.ie/calculate-your-gpa
Please note, you can re-sit a D grade as a qualifier exam if you wish to seek exemptions from an external body.
Please see http://www.it-tallaght.ie/postexaminationreview for full details
On the final grades page you should click ‘component breakdown’ at the bottom of the page
A Transcripts of Results will be posted to all students in July and will include results from both semesters. If you sit exams in August, a supplementary Transcript of Results will be posted to all students after the release of results in September.
We recommend that you take a screenshot of your results in case you need them at a later date - there will be intermittent periods when results will be unavailable to students throughout the year.
Please note, if you have outstanding fees, you will not receive a transcript of results until fees are paid in full.