Centre for Learning and Teaching
The role of the Centre for Learning and Teaching (CeLT) is to provide teaching, learning and learning technology support to both students and staff of the Institute.
Academic supports are provided to students through the provision of drop-in clinics for Mathematics, Academic Writing and Report Writing as well as one-to-one support for students as required. CeLT also links in with academic staff and other departments to provide any additional supports to student groups in study skills and other academic support areas.
CeLT is also responsible for maintaining and supporting Moodle, the Institute’s virtual learning environment (VLE) where resources and activities are provided online for programme modules.
CeLT provides the following services to support students:
• Induction workshops and activities for new students
• Scheduled Maths ‘drop-in’ clinics
• Scheduled Academic Writing ‘drop-in’ clinics
• Study Skills advice and guidance – individual and group
• Learning Technology workshops, training and support
• Assistive Technology training and support
• Revision clinics and support
The Centre also supports academic departments and staff through the following activities:
• Provision of teaching and learning programmes, workshops, and events
• Provision of Moodle support and learning technology workshops
• Engagement with the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
• Engagement with external teaching and learning networks to provide opportunities for IT Tallaght staff in teaching and learning initiatives Learning Innovation Network
The Centre for Learning and Teaching is located on the ground floor of the Institute beside Reception and we are open Monday-Friday from 09:00-17:15.
Telephone: 01 404 2325
Niamh provides administrative support for the activities undertaken by staff in the Centre for Learning and Teaching (CeLT) and Civic Engagement initiatives. Niamh provides a pivotal role in ensuring that all activities are organised, publicised, evaluated, and reported, thus ensuring the Centre operates smoothly in a co-ordinated way.
If you would like to advertise an Institute related event on our digital screens please send your student/staff details along with a landscape ppt or png file to Niamh and she will assist you.
Róisín Mooney - Learning Technologist
Telephone: 01 404 2743
Róisín provides technical support for Moodle, our Virtual Learning Environment. Róisín also provides training for staff and students in new technologies.
Telephone: 01 404 2343
Margaret is an Education Developer with extensive experience in education and training contexts such as teaching methodologies, learning theory and curriculum design in third level. Margaret’s role is to support staff and students in relation to teaching and learning and to oversee the provision of teaching and learning support through the CeLT office.
Centre for Learning and Teaching (CeLT)
Room 002 (left of main reception)
Institute of Technology Tallaght
Old Blessington Road
(Last updated: 31/01/2017 NH)