CeLT offers a space where students can drop in anytime during opening hours in term time if they feel they need additional support. The Centre offers timetabled tutorial supports in Maths, Academic Writing as well as one-to-one support for students.
If you feel you are in need of additional support please call into the Centre, Room 002 beside Reception, someone is always there to help.
The following are the Student Support services available through CeLT:
Academic Writing Support Drop-in Clinics (No Academic Writing Clinics available Winter Semester 2016)
Academic Writing Clinics are drop-in sessions available to all students during term time. Topics covered in these sessions include the following:
- Recognising Different forms of writing (e.g., lab reports, literature reviews)
- Essential writing skills (e.g., summarising, paraphrasing, structuring, connecting ideas, sentences and paragraphs)
- Interpreting assessment briefs
- Developing an argument
- Stages of writing (drafting, editing and proof-reading)
- Understanding feedback
- Referencing and copyright
- Basics of written presentation (e.g., punctuation, numbers, footnotes)
Math Support Drop-in Clinics
Maths Support Drop-in clinics are drop-in sessions available to all students during term time. Topics covered in these sessions include the following:
- Business Maths
- Computing (binary numbers) Maths
- Engineering specific Maths
This drop-in service is only run through the academic term.
Statistics Support - Appointment Only
Statistics Support is available to anyone in IT Tallaght who requires help with any research project, regardless of size. Undergraduate students, postgraduate students, and staff from any school or department can avail of the service.
These sessions can help respond to the following types of queries:
- How should I design my study?
- What kind of data should I collect?
- Will I have enough data?
- How should I organise my data?
- Do my results prove this or that?
- Can I use software to do the analysis?
- What does the software output mean?
To book an appointment, contact James.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centre for Learning and Teaching provides study skills supports on a one-to-one basis or for groups. To make a request, email email@example.com.